PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATIONS & MAINTENANCE SERVICE
8 years ago
APPLICATIONS: We offer professional, innovative and cost effective security solutions to all applications.
Many thousands of commercial, industrial and domestic locations in South Africa have chosen the increased security barrier provided by Electrified Fencing:
- Industrial Properties and Residential Estates
- Private Homes and Embassies
- Golf Estates, Game Farms
- Motor Dealerships and Apartment Blocks
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Live Wire Electrified Fences are made up of strands of tensioned stainless steel marine grade wire that carry pulses of high voltage, but non lethal, electrical current. The current is supplied by our SABS approved energizers which convert the amperage to about 10,000 volts (legal limit). Copper Earth Spikes are inserted into the ground at regulated intervals ensuring safety.
A siren and a strobe light will be installed and both be activated when your electrified fence is tampered with or is faulty. The siren is extremely loud and will not only alert you and your neighbours but will definitely deter unwanted criminals and send them well on their way. As an option, your electrified fence can be linked up to your Alarm Service Provider ensuring extra security.
LIVE WIRE SPECIFICATIONS – 12 MONTH GUARANTEE FOR TOTAL PEACE OF MIND
Special attention will be given to ensure that the fencing is as unobtrusive as possible whilst remaining effective:
LIVE WIRE SAFETY & SECURITY TIPS FROM PETER RECK
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR ELECTRIFIED FENCE SWITCHED ON
- SERVICE YOUR FENCE AT LEAST EVERY SIX MONTHS (We tension the wiring, check bobbins & springs, check your battery etc)
- LINK YOUR FENCE TO YOUR ALARM SERVICE PROVIDER
LIVE WIRE BACK-UP SERVICE & MAINTENANCE
We offer a full back-up service for your peace of mind and offer monthly maintenance contracts tailored to suit your needs.
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS and ANSWERS:
- Will it the electrified fence hurt my children? No, the pulse is intermittent. Should a child or adult touch the fence the immediate reaction is to pull away after initial shock.
- How good a good deterrent is an electric fence? Live Wire electrified fencing is an excellent deterrent visually and from a fear factor. It is designed to keep unwanted people outside. Should it be cut or tampered with the alarm will sound.
- What happens if criminals place something like a blanket on the electric fence to climb over it? Due to the fence design using springs the wire will be shorted out when touching under pressure and trigger the alarm.
- What happens during a power failure? The good energizers have a 6-8 hour battery backup and will keep the fence electrified to full power. The energisers are normally set between 7,000 and 11,000 volts which if drops, to below 2500 volts, the siren/alarm will sound to warn you.
- Is it necessary to connect the electrified fence to the Alarm monitoring company? There is a definite advantage in doing so but it is not compulsory.
- Will it hurt my cat or dog? Cats are perceptive to the aura of the electricity in the fence. Cats can smell the magnetic field and would not normally approach the electric fence. Dogs will not normally touch a second time and but they will not die should they do so.
- Will my monthly electricity account increase dramatically? No, an energizer uses very little power - about the same as your alarm system draws.
- What would happen if the wires were cut? It is difficult to cut the Live Wire without been shocked. Should this happen the fence will immediately sound the alarm.
- What sort of voltage is in the fence? The maximum voltage allowed by law is 10,000 volts and the average setting is between 7,000 and 11,000 volts to allow for fluctuations. However it is the capacity of the energizer that gives the shock. The capacity is measured in joules not volts.
- Do branches and foliage have an effect on the fence? It is best to keep foliage and branches trimmed back as too much foliage drains the power from the fence to earth.
- Is it expensive? It depends what one will pay for peace of mind but is very cost effective and less expensive than other fencing razor wiring or certain spikes
Live Wire signage is not only your Guarantee for service from us but it is also a legal warning requirement.
Special thanks to our valued Live Wire customers for your loyalty and support. GIVE US A BUZZZZZZZ ON 021 552-6803/4 for your Free Quote for Electrified Fencing and Service needs.